Our client located in mid-town Toronto is seeking a full time Controller.
Reporting directly to the CFO within their Toronto headquarters, this hands-on role will be responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting, financial & management reporting, contract administration & billing, payroll, budgeting, planning & analysis functions for this dynamic, multifaceted operation. While leading and mentoring a team of 4 direct reports and approximately 12 indirect reports, this role will also have a strong emphasis on operational finance and reporting, including the continued enhancement of financial reporting systems and processes needed to support operational decisions. Continued expansion of the scope and range of their services make this an exciting time for the organization, and offer a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for the incoming Controller.
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA), along with a minimum of five years progressive financial management experience.
- Strong hands-on accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP.
- Previous experience overseeing the payroll function;
- Drives a culture of exceptional customer service
- Superior Excel skills and strong aptitude for systems.
- Proven ability to “ roll up sleeves” while maintaining a “ big picture” perspective.
- Calm and confident manager who demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively at different organizational levels; Ability to establish and balance strong business relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Comfortable doing presentations to various internal and external audiences
- Ability to act as “ change agent”, helping staff and others set and achieve short and long-term goals.
- Strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate operating results and understand their financial and organizational impact.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and co-ordinate activities and manage workload through to successful conclusion.
- High degree of energy and commitment; collaborative decision-making style; takes an organized and structured approach.