Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Job Number: 13764
Are you seeking a challenging opportunity within a unique industry? Do you thrive in the fast pace of downtown Toronto? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading on.
PTC has partnered with a global mining company who is seeking a Management Accountant for a permanent engagement. The responsibilities of this role include the following:
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis, this position is responsible for the analysis, consolidation and submission of the Monthly and Annual Financial results.
Responsible for the consolidation of the Monthly result, monthly estimates, quarterly Plan updates and Annual Budget Financial results for site operations. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for producing the Monthly result, monthly estimates, quarterly Plan updates and Annual Budget
Accountable for the booking, completeness and accuracy of all transactions. The Management Accountant produces the monthly Joint Venture Partner Expenditures Reports and regular Joint Venture Cash Call.
Produces Ad Hoc reports required by Senior Management relating to the Glencore Zinc’ s Exploration results. The Management Accountant is responsible for the financial statements, legal statements, Year end Statements and the tax package for Glencore Zinc’ s Exploration Division.
Produces Ad Hoc reports required by Senior Management relating to the Glencore Canada Zinc.
The Management Accountant takes on special projects as needed. This may involve systems implementation, audit control, and scenario analyses on possible capital projects.
The incumbent is also responsible for tracking and reviewing capital appropriation requests, and ensuring that the capital appropriation request is supported by sufficient information including financial analyses and vendor analyses.
The Management Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of various general ledger accounts. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all outstanding items are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
The Management Accountant acts as the liaison with External Auditors for the Glencore Zinc Canada annual year end and interim audit, ensuring the preparation of all necessary reports, detailed analysis and timely response to any audit queries.
The Management Accountant also acts as the liaison with site operations for Corporate Office and needs to be able to manage relationships and encourage team effort.
- University degree, accounting designation (CMA, CGA,…) or equivalent experience.
- IFRS knowledge would be an asset.
- 3 - 5 years experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and consolidations.
- Experience in the mining industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP, HFM, and Smart View for HFM is an asset.
- Good Excel skills will be needed and Microsoft office in general.
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, strong attention to detail, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Should be able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines when necessary.
- Should be able to work with minimal direction and supervision.