This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with a key position in the Finance Department of a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organization. This individual will be responsible for many aspects of the accounting department while gaining a breadth of experience through collaboration with other departments.
The ideal candidate will possess a professional accounting designation coupled with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of post-designation experience, preferably in the technology sector. You will possess strong analytical skills coupled with established management and leadership qualities to lead a team of five. You also possess strong written and oral communication skills and the willingness to take initiative, thrive in an unstructured fast-paced environment, and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance, the Operational Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing all day to day accounting functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Partner Remittances and Payments, Capital Assets, Reconciliations, and the General Ledger.
- Managing the internal month-end financial statement close process which includes all control procedures and G/L account reconciliations.
- Leading the process to improve the month end close creating efficiencies and reducing the timelines.
- Review partner contracts, ensuring accounting is in accordance with key terms and raising and resolving issues with other areas of the organization.
- Reviewing and approving the monthly Revenue and Cost of Sales entries and ensuring complete and accurate.
- Helping to maintain strong compliance with the company' s SOX environment.
- Leading, training and developing the accounting team.
- Reviewing changes in the balance sheet and income statement and conducting analysis of these changes on a monthly basis.
- Active team participant on the NetSuite Implementation and BlackLine Implementations.
- Key contact on External Year End Audit and Quarterly reviews.
- Assisting with any related financial material for external disclosure.
- Assisting the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance in strengthening accounting guidelines and policies and streamlining the internal control environment.
- Establishing close working relationship with Planning Team, which includes providing variance explanations for actual vs. latest estimates and assistance as required during planning cycles.
- Accounting Designation: CPA preferred (3-5 years of post-qualification experience), IFRS knowledge and experience in public company accounting/audits is an asset, NetSuite knowledge is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with a minimum of 3-5 years management experience spent directly developing, coaching and mentoring a team
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of Excel models, at an advanced level
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience implementing an accounting software is an asset
- Ability to motivate a team when working under pressure and within tight time lines
- The ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and flat organization is ideal to fit into Points’ culture
- Experience in the technology sector an asset but not required