North York, ON M3J 3A7
Our client is seeking a Purchaser/Merchandiser for one of the major brand apparel lines located in the North York area. The successful candidate will responsible for coordinating the day to day activities of purchasing, import and finished goods production. Providing the necessary planning, organization and control to meet the customer’ s requirements including delivery/ due dates and achieve productivity goals. Please see the list of responsibilities below:
Duties and responsibilities
- Review and respond to day to day operations and correspondence .
- Measure prototypes and make sure all shipping samples are approved in a timely manner.
- Have the ability to create tech packs and all production documents as it relates to garment construction.
- Participate in fitting garments and reviewing product details to ensure execution meets design aesthetic and remains commercially viable. Manage time and action calendar to meet all deadlines.
- Maintain a relationship with all overseas vendors
- Perform product tests and evaluations to create reports to help further product.
- Other duties pertaining to merchandising will be assigned as required
- Team player with great enthusiasm, positive attitude, energy and a strong work ethic
- University degree or college diploma in Apparel manufacturing and design
- Minimum of 3 plus years of experience in a similar job role
- Able to prioritize workload and multi-task efficiently
- Focused on meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn and develop through personal initiative
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and illustrator
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written