Toronto, ON M5V 1R2
Our client located in downtown Toronto is seeking an Interim Senior Accountant for approximately four months in duration. Please see a list of responsibilities below:
- Own the end to end accounting function of the company
- Manage general ledger activity, including journal entries, reconciliations and month/annual close procedures
- Manage accounts receivables and the associated issuance of invoices as well as collections on outstanding invoices
- Manage the payroll function for both #paid’ s Canadian and U.S. entities
- Manage and prepare the company’ s influencer payments and other key vendors
- Review the company’ s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Review with the recording and reconciliation of the transactions and accounts
- Maintain internal financial controls along with key operational procedures and processes
- Work with the Vice President, Finance in producing accurate and timely variance reporting and financial statements
- Utilize accounting IT system(s) to facilitate processes and maintain records
- You will be engaged in special projects that may be cross-functional and will provide growth and learning opportunities beyond your day-to-day work
What we’ re looking for.
- Proven experience as a general accountant or senior bookkeeper or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), accrual accounting and other key regulations
- Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and financial processes (data integrity, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Adept with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), as well as with mainstream Accounting Software (ie. QuickBooks online or Xero)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize and be resourceful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Get along well with other staff; culture is big at #paid!
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving ability
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and holding or working towards a certified designation
If you or anyone you know meets these qualifications, please get in touch with us right away. This role is targeted to start on Monday May 27, 2019.