Senior Law Clerk - Corporate Services
Toronto, ON M5H 3C2
Our client, a prominent professional services firm located in downtown Toronto is seeking a full time Law Clerk, please see below:
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Corporate: Drafting substantive legal documentation relating to corporate transactions for Ontario and Federal corporations including, but not limited to, incorporations, amalgamations, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, and amendments.
- Tax: Drafting substantive legal documentation relating to corporate organizations, partnerships and limited partnerships, reorganizations relating to tax matters, including amalgamations, arrangements, wind-ups, share asset and transfer agreements, section 85 rollovers, estate planning reorganizations and share capital restructuring.
- Due diligence: Conducts due diligence reviews, summarizes and analyzes constating documents of corporations and effectively recommends changes thereto.
- Client Management: Communicating with clients as required and managing client relationships.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 8+ years experience as a Corporate Law Clerk in a law firm setting.
- Possess a broad foundation of legal concepts, experience and applications relevant to the practice of Corporate Law.
- Experience with tax reorganizations required.
- Experience with not-for-profit corporations considered an asset.
- Law clerk certificate.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Previous experience with Corplink, Cyberbahn and Oncorp will be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a busy environment.
- Strong drafting and proofreading skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to review, analyze and make recommendations concerning file details.