Sr. Condominium Law Clerk
Vaughan, ON L4K 1Y2
Our client, a leading Canadian Law firm, is seeking a Senior Condominium Law Clerk to join their growing team in Vaughan, Ontario. This role will provide support in all aspects of condominium projects, related sales and disclosure documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in all aspects of condominium projects, related sales and disclosure documentation
- Prepares all condominium unit closing documents
- Involved in the registration of condominiums and related by-laws
- Directly communicates with clients and other lawyers’ offices
- Drafts and amends correspondence
- Prepares reporting letters and accounts to clients
- Opens files in PCLaw
- Performs sub-searches of title and off-title searches
- Prepares various documents in Teraview including Transfers, Charges, Easements, Notices, Condominium By-Laws, Discharges etc.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files
- A diploma in a related Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk program or combination of education and industry experience
- Minimum 5+ years of Condominium experience is required; compensation to commensurate with experience
- Ability to complete sale transactions from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Conveyancer, PC Law and Teraview
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in demonstrating the following skills and abilities:
- Must be driven and determined to achieve and exceed company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.